$35 per 100mg
Vitamin B12 is a nutrient that helps keep the body’s nerve and blood cells healthy and helps make DNA, the genetic material in all cells. Vitamin B12 also helps prevent a type of anemia called megaloblastic anemia that makes people tired and weak.
How Do B-12 Injections Work?
Vitamin B-12 is an essential water-soluble vitamin that plays a key role in many functions in the body, including:
- DNA synthesis
- energy production
- nerve cell health
- red blood cell formation
- neurological function
Vitamin B-12 shots are injections containing high levels of cyanocobalamin. These shots can quickly boost B-12 levels in someone who is deficient.
Signs of B-12 Deficiency include:
- decreased cognitive function, such as issues with memory or understanding
- feeling faint
- depression or irritability
- difficulty maintaining balance
- sore, swollen tongue, which may be pale yellow or very red
- heart palpitations
- mouth ulcers
- paraesthesia (pins and needles)
- vision changes
Benefits of B-12
The most obvious benefit of receiving vitamin B-12 shots is treating a vitamin B-12 deficiency and avoiding its associated symptoms.
In addition, B-12 shots reduce the risk of some serious complications associated with vitamin B-12 deficiency including:
- Heart disease
- Neurocognitive disorders
- Coordination problems (ataxia)
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Vision loss
- Infertility (although this usually resolves with B-12 treatment)
- Neural tube defects in the babies of women with B-12 deficiency
Book Online Now! B-12 Intramuscular Injection
The fastest and most effective way to boost your body’s immune system and get yourself ready for the day!